Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The End of Childhood

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was released in cinemas worldwide a week ago on Friday July 15, 2011. A 11-year story finally came to an end, and with it, the absolute end of childhood. I feel that it was the last threshold, the last marker that I needed to pass before full-fledged adulthood. It ended. Therefore I am, much like Harry, Ron, and Hermione, finally an adult. I´ve seen the film 3 times so far. Once on the Midnight Premiere, one a day later, and one last sunday. Last Sunday I saw it in Spanish. Which wasn´t bad. Haha. In any case, the film is good, and solid, although I feel Part 1 is the stronger of the two overall, there are moments in Part 2 that simply take the cake. The Prince´s Tale sequence is my favorite. All three times, it has had me in tears by the end of the 5-minute interlude, with Alan Rickman simply stealing the movie with it. Another of my favorites is this little action sequence where the trio runs across a courtyard. In the span of two minutes, the film pays tribute to all the 7 other films in a very elegant and emotional way. My whole adolescence, and Harry´s journey, passed before my eyes in a flurry of magical moments.
What will we do without Harry Potter?
Many people of my generation are asking themselves the same question.
For me, the answer is simple. I have experienced, thus now it is my turn to create.

0 comments:

Post a Comment