Tuesday, November 1, 2011

This Particular Workaholic Needs a Break

I´m burned. I´m just seriously tired. I´m starting to think that taking that extra week at work was a bad idea, but I need the money, so I´m weathering the storm. Except I´m not really. I don´t think. I´m at that point where I just don´t care anymore. And maybe that´s not a point I should be at. Part of me is just really frustrated that the company waster two and a half days of my time last week that could have been spent otherwise. The other part of me is just tired of having to come home to no personal time and work on another project. Right now that project is the translation of a screenplay that is...well...idk if I can really say, but I just feel that it is boring and not particularly innovative. This just makes it difficult and tedious to get back to it and finish it. And has landed me in hot water with only 63 of the 102 pages done so far. With those 102 pages needing to be turned in by tomorrow. Joy.
At this point, I´m just really looking forward to Sunday, when everything needs to be done and turned in. I finish this translation tonight, my job at the office on Friday and then the doc should probably be done by Sunday evening.
In theory.
Naturally, these things have a nasty habit of being affected by Murphy´s Law.
The thing is, I have so much work that I dream about working in my sleep.
Raise your hand if you need a vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Emi! Hang in there! I'll visit you in NYC this winter and ensure that you have a relaxing time. Also, I love the heading photo :).

    ReplyDelete