Thursday, October 28, 2010

antiperigalacticon

Antiperigalacticon: the point in a star's orbit where the star is the furthest away from the center of the the galaxy.

I came across this particularly lovely word when doing some research for a screenplay I'm working on. A screenplay that recently is out of the running from the Sundance Alfred P. Sloan Commissioning Grant. Hearing that news last night was a bit of a bummer I will admit, but I have other places and other grants I can apply for. My next upcoming deadline is Nov. 8 so I'm typing furiously any time I get the chance. You see, the thing isn't quite finished yet. But luckily for me, my creative juices are gushing (and not just flowing) out for the first time in years so I'm feeling pretty good about it. And everything that's coming out is not my usual craptastic fare, it is actually (dare I say it) ....good! That and the documentary are keeping me pretty busy lately. Add a bout of the common cold to that too...silly cold.
In any case, I'm preparing for my trip to LA too. I'm leaving next week (Ahh!) on Thursday so that's also on my mind.
Ah. And I quit that production I was working on last weekend. The director and I realized that we just couldn't work together.
Anyhoo.
Sorry my posts have been short. I'm really busy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment