Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Week Away from Filming

Scary, huh? I mean, thrilling, exciting beyond belief, but right now mostly nerve-racking and stressful. By all means, I shouldn't be as worried as I am. We're doing so much better than we should be doing by this point, but a lot is still sort of up in the air and there is only one more week to solve that. One. More. Week. That's insane!
I am thrilled though. I really am.
We're shooting a sort of teaser trailer thingy for our feature-length that we want to shoot in May-June. A sort of calling card for possible investors.
You see, we're going to the AFM in Santa Monica, CA, USA in early November. We're hoping to pitch the project and gather some interest. Hopefully an investor/distributor. Keep your fingers crossed.
Also, I'm supposed to hear back from the Sundance Institute in two weeks about whether or not my application for the Alfred P. Sloan Commissioning Grant went on to the second round. That has me in a bit of a bind too to tell the truth. It would be pretty sweet if I was able to get that grant. I know I'm pretty young and all, but I think my screenplay has a real chance. I hope that at least it gets to the second round...yes. I think taking it in strides is the best solution.
The other thing is...I'm still kind of broke. I mean, not really. I have some savings and I'm living with the 'rents but it doesn't look like I'll see any income anytime soon unfortunately which means my moving-out plans are somewhat delayed for the moment. Sometimes I wish I had a job that paid me...but then I think about what I'm doing and I feel infinitely happier. Of course, I wish that what I am doing would pay me...that would be perfect. It will eventually. We have high hopes for this film (if my income projections are right, we could recover 60% of the budget if we only sold 400 tickets each weekend in each of the 16 theaters in the country for 4 weekends (which means filling a single screening room once each day on Saturday and Sunday) - and that's just the first-month National sales projection).
The doc is coming along well too. It got accepted into Kickstarter so we're currently working on getting that up on the website. You should help us out and donate $5 btw! You can really help us out with as little as that! :D
Anyhoo, I guess I should get out of bed and start the day, eh? I have a ton of phone calls and paperwork too do.
Yes. I know it is Saturday.
Welcome to the world of film production.

0 comments:

Post a Comment