Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Film Rollercoaster

Making a real film really is a rollercoaster. It is exhausting, tiring, you come to points where you want to quit, you come to points where you think it'll actually work. It is an experience. We're a day away from filming and things are starting to sail smoothly again after a very hectic crazy day today. The director and I had a bit of a shouting match this afternoon and I went into a meeting at 6:30 meaning to quit and to ask for my investment back. I even called up my lawyer. That's how serious I was. Luckily I didn't. My mood lifted considerably by the time I'd talked with the director and the cinematographer for a bit. They had some beers in their system and we solved the shooting schedule thing which got us in a shouting match in the first place. Live and learn I suppose. Film is trial by fire.
To be honest, I'm looking forward to the shoot very much. But I'm also looking forward to being done with it. I am really tired. And I miss working on my own stuff. I have a video for kickstarter to work on and a screenplay to do some work on too. I've learned a lot recently though...about dealing with people and with production and with crew.
I also learned that while being the producer is a cool job, it isn't what I want to do really. I like ADing but I think my heart is really in directing at the end of the day. That's really where I want to get. Soon. The doc is a first step. A good first step.
I guess I need to get back to my film schedule.
*sigh*
Tired....

0 comments:

Post a Comment