Sunday, October 31, 2010

Out towards the Open Road

I feel it coming. The next great shift. My friends are all moving again, uprooting from those temporal places they found to transition from college into the beginning of adulthood. J left Poughkeepsie yesterday (or was it two days ago?) and D is also talking about going out on the open road. N passed his driver's test and has a license and will soon have a car. S will soon join J on the long road to California.
California...it is weird. I feel like there's a mass exodus of most of my friends going that way. I too am going soon. For 11 days at least. More, if I manage to get a job.
But the point is, we're all moving again. I feel that I too will soon be moving. Once the documentary has finished filming, I think I need to go and wander the world. We are all uprooting ourselves after all, looking for home. And so we travel through the world.
Hmm. I am ready.
Preparing for the open road.

0 comments:

Post a Comment