Thursday, July 29, 2010

Luna

I finally got a cat! Yay! She's almost two months old and her name is Luna.
Naming her was a huge debate between my dad, my mom, and me. Originally I intended to call her Andromeda, but mom thought that was too long. So mom and I named her Frejya. Unfortunately my dad didn't like that one so we went through a name database and shortened it down to Eowyn, Ariel, Lillith, Norah, and Luna. She was actually named Eowyn for about 5 minutes before my dad decided that it was hard to pronounce (don't ask...the name is pretty phonetic) so it was between Ariel, Lillith, Norah, and Luna. Lillith was then the next choice but dad kept talking about how she sort of looked like Lillith from Frasier and Cheers, and the poor cat really didn't look like that Lillith. Then I thought she actually looked like a Luna and she did sort of remind me a bit of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter...hehe...so it stuck. Her name ended up in Luna (although my dad goes around calling her Miss Fuzz Fuzz...again...don't ask) and we all love her very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment