Thursday, April 14, 2011

Heading South for the Winter

March 20, 2011 - On the Way to Hong Kong, China

I'm on the plane to Hong Kong at the moment. It was slightly delayed in taking off but I find that I don't care much. Mostly because I'm excited about Hong Kong. The good experience in Beijing and a good night in Shaghai at the Holiday Inn Express Jingqiao really made a difference. Also, China Eastern Airlines finally gave me a certificate that will help me get my Shanghai-Tokyo-Shanghai flight get refunded. Also the Holiday Inn Express Jingqiao in Shanghai is one of the most pleasant hotel experiences I've ever had. it isn't luxurious but it has everything one needs and no frills while being clean, modern and nice. For $57/night (including free internet and breakfast plus the availability of a self-operated laundry room on the premises) I was really happy with it. It also allowed me to have the exprience of taking the Maglev train (short for Magnetic Levitation Train and known in Chinese as 上海磁浮示范运营线 or Shànghǎi Cífú Shìfàn Yùnyíng Xiàn) from Longyang Road Station (龙阳路站 - Lóngyáng Lù Zhàn) to Shanghai Pudong Airport.
What an experience!
The train reaches a speed of 450 km/h and makes a journey that would usually take 45 minutes by car in just under 10 minutes.

The Maglev parked at Lóngyáng Lù Zhàn:


Video of Maglev Experience!!!



Other than that, I feel oddly at ease for the Filmart. I think I will do well. I know what I'm talking about and I've got good products. I gotta go earn my bread and butter! I'm excited!
The vistas from the plane are quite wonderful. I haven't really seen the sun in a few days because both Beijing and Shanghai have been so foggy so it is nice to see clear blue skies, the red light of sunset, and a sea of clouds below me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment