Sunday, April 17, 2011

I remembered why I hate China sometimes

April 4, 2011 - Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

(1) Taxis will actually refuse to take you somewhere. Like the one this morning which caused me to be late to the Gaotie (bullet train) to Shanghai,

(2) Some asshat stole my train ticket (worthless at this point) as I scrambled to figure out how the f$!# he Hangzhou train station worked,

(3) You can't pay for your ticket with a credit card at most ticket kiosks at the station. And the one where you can, doesn't take waiguo (foreign) credit cards even if they're Visa or Mastercard,

(4) The bank is located OUTSIDE the train station. Very very far away from the ticket kiosks (which are on the 3rd floor whereas the banks are in the first floor),

(5) People had the nerve to cut in front of me in line and when I complained, laughed it off and called me a "stupid foreigner",

I eventually did get my ticket, as evidenced by the fact that I am currently ON the bullet train ready to depart, but SERIOUSLY...crap like this makes me really happy about the fact that I'm heading back to the sanity of NYC.
Yeah.
You heard me.
NEW YORKERS ARE SANE, NICE, CORTEOUS PEOPLE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment