Wednesday, December 22, 2010

If you give E a cookie...I will put delicious, colorful frosting all over it!

So it is that time of the year again. As as per tradition at my parents' house, massive amounts of cookie-baking is currently underway. You see, everyone close to the family usually gets a bag with an assortment of homemade cookies. My mom usually makes like12 kinds. Because she's been stuck with an unusual amount of work lately, I've been the one doing the baking (because, you know, I have no job). I've made Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Chip cookies and also filled the alfajores with the dulce de leche.
This morning, I frosted the Sugar Cookies wit
h Cream Cheese Frosting. I currently smell like butter and sugar and have food coloring stains all over my fingers, but the cookies look beautiful (if I do say so myself!).
Here are some pics to spread the holiday spir
it!

Some stars and trees
Some StarsSome trees

Some people


A Girl

A Boy
I also had fun naming the colors I was mixing for the cookies. For example, I named the color of the boy "Grinch Green" and the green for the trees "Radioactive Green". The light blue of the background of the stars is "sky blue" and the blue in the rims is "Cookie Monster blue". The maroon for the girl is "Vassar Red", and red on the trees is "Highlighter Red". The yellow that decorates all of them? "Sunny Day yellow".

Happy holidays!


0 comments:

Post a Comment