Sunday, December 12, 2010

Writing Playlist #1 - Pulsar

So I thought it might be interesting to share a bit of my creative process with you guys! Anyways, whenever I do a project, I'll create a playlist for that project that will sort of mimic the emotional arc that the story is meant to follow. I'm currently working on a new playlist for a new project I'm starting to write soon (it is a 3-part science fiction fantasy that I've been working on to develop since I was 15) so that playlist currently involves a lot of Daft Punk's new stuff for the soon-t0-be-released film Tron: Legacy. Daft Punk is pretty cool. And the stuff I'm adding to this new playlist is pretty amazing.
Well, there's more to playlist authoring for writing than just making a playlist. The playlist evolves as the narrative moves on. Songs are taken out and others are brought in. And at the end you end u with a pretty cool list of songs that follows the emotional arc of the narrative.
Oh, and there's also one song that just really ends up encompassing the tone of the film itself that I just listen over and over again when I need to keep the tone of the film in mind.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd post my final playlist for my recently completed project "Pulsar".
The song that really sets the tone for this film is #14 "World Citizen". My itunes reports that I listened to it 149 times while writing the screenplay.

So, playlist for "Pulsar":

(1) Mushaboom by Feist
(2) Boy With A Coin by Iron and Wine
(3) Nature Boy by David Bowie & Massive Attack
(4) Nature Boy by Nat King Cole
(5) Headlights Look Like Diamonds by Arcade Fire
(6) New Killer Star by David Bowie
(7) Mírame by Daddy Yankee feat. Deevani
(8) Violet Hill by Coldplay
(9) Poker Face by Lady GaGa
(10) Woman King by Iron and Wine
(11) Wait by Alexi Murdoch
(12) About Her from the Kill Bill Vol. 2. Soundtrack
(13) In the Backseat by Arcade Fire
(14) World Citizen by Ryuichi Sakamoto
(15) Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games by Of Monteal
(16) E-Pro by Beck
(17) Free Until They Cut Me Down by Iron and Wine
(18) Space Oddity by David Bowie
(19) Sleep by Eric Whitacre
(20) The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice and Lisa Tucker
(21) Four Cigarettes by Malcolm Middleton
(22) The Other Side of Mt. Heart Attack by Liars

0 comments:

Post a Comment