Wednesday, December 1, 2010

如果是七点种以前,我的脑子就运不作 (if it is before 7 am, my brain won't work)

The title pretty much sums it up. I had to get up at some ungodly hour this morning (6:15 am) after going to bed at 3 am (without finishing my screenplay) to go to the first Chinese class I've attended since I tearfully (and I do mean tearfully, the damn exam reduced me to tears of desperation) handed in my final exam for Advanced Readings in Chinese and gleefully completed my Chinese major. I got up today in hopes of maybe refreshing my language skills to be able to successfully conduct business in Mandarin Chinese when I go to Hong Kong in March if need be.
Much to my dismay (and my non-working brain's) I was met with the equivalent of the material I looked at back in the third week my freshman year. Really? 图书馆 (Library) is an Intermediate-level Chinese vocabulary word? And the grammar structure Verb + 到/ Verb +不到 is really an Intermediate-level Chinese grammar structure? REALLY? Maybe I got a little more annoyed at the class I'd arranged to take than I meant to - I think it just has to do with having to wake up too early and not having 喝了一杯咖啡 ("drank a cup of coffee". NW will understand this. She understands the importance of 汉语课以前,我们需要喝着一杯咖啡).
Damn. My 脑子(brain) really doesn't work right now. I think I'm going to go sit down with a cup of 绿茶 (Green Tea) in hopes of rebooting it sometime soon.
Until then, 再见!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我情爱的门哎呀,
    我当然了解你的情况;我每天八点半都上课,上课以前*必须*喝一大杯子咖啡,甚至我从美国带来我的“法国式泡的咖啡机“。嗯,我可能有一个问题。。。

    如果你想练习中文的话,你肯定得联系我!不过,听说在香港人们很少说普通话;如果你不说广东话,他们就会说英语。无论,复习中文吧!这样,你来大陆找我时候,我们可以随便旅行!:D

    加油,同学!

    ReplyDelete