Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Danny and Maggie


A few hours ago, as I took a break from writing a very lengthy business plan for a film project I'm working on, two of my family's dogs (Danny and Maggie - short for Daniel and Magdalena) walked into the dining room where I was working and decided to be cute so I took some pictures. They look especially cute and fluffy today because they were taken to the groomers where they were bathed and dried. Danny in particular looks like a big fluffball.They're both still puppies, and I actually didn't meet Danny until about a month ago when I came back from Amsterdam. Maggie, our Akita, was a Christmas gift from my grandmother to my 17-year-old brother L and me. She looked like a little bear cub when we got her and was one of the most adorable puppies ever. Now she's still cute, still looks like a bear, but likes to licks your toes, ride in the front seat of the car, thinks my slippers are rabbits she's hunted (she's snuck into my room several times and carried them away), and also doesn't really think she's a dog at times (especially when riding in the car...she refuses to go in the trunk with Danny or Frodo). Danny on the other hand plays dumb but is actually really smart. He goes around with this quizzical "huh???" sort of look on his face all the time that makes him look like he's very confused. He's very sly when he breaks the rules and often is a tattletale when Maggie's doing something she's not supposed to (like eating another one of mom's plants). He barks really loudly when she's doing something she's not supposed to... Also, when he eats, half of the kibble that goes into his mouth ends up somewhere on the floor one meter radius around him. It's really funny to watch him eat, with the little balls of kibble ricochetting out of his mouth like little projectiles - with his face still showing his "Huh???" look. Danny was given to my dad sometime in February and my Dad, being an old softie who always wanted a sheepdog, said ok. Maggie and Danny are quite a team...together they've chewed up all the plants in the garden (including the very hot peppers we were growing) and parts of my dad's car (oh nothing major, just the rubber flaps that used to hang before the wheels). But they're cute and we love them very much and hope that they'll stop chewing stuff soon so that we can replant those peppers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment